The secretary is elected each year at the Parochial Church Council (PCC) meeting directly following the Annual Parochial Meeting (APM). The PCC secretary has a variety of roles including:
- sending letters on behalf of the PCC.
- taking minutes of all PCC meetings and circulating them to members of the PCC, the secretary also takes minutes at APM meetings.
- providing copies of minutes and decisions made at PCC meetings to ensure that faculty applications are supported.
- being a member of the Standing Committee where plans are made and suggestions put to the PCC.
- receiving regular updates from the Diocese and circulating these to PCC members.
The Secretary's name features in the Year Book.
Ruth Lawes, PCC Secretary